Sunday, June 3, 2012

Shelby's 15th



     On May 21st, we celebrated my sister’s 15th birthday! It was an absolute blast, and boy did we have surprise after surprise for her:) It wasn’t anything super fancy, but a few friends and I pulled together some great little things to do throughout the day, beings she spent it at school. So in the morning I began the surprises with her favorite breakfast…chocolate chip pancakes shaped as mickey mouse (yes, 15 and mickey mouse! But she’s always going to be my wittle sister). Then when we arrived at school there were two great friends who each brought her coffee! Shelby was lovin this…:) She was then surprised by sweet little Haley running up to her in the halls to give her a boquet of balloons! Then at lunch, Brooke Ghiglia and I brought her in some flowers, and Kristin lead us all in a happy birthday song (Love ya, Kristin!:). Now this is where it gets fun…I packed her some clothes to change into after school, so she did, but not knowing why. Shelby, Corbin and I then get into the car and we blindfolded Shelby with a scarfJ We cranked the music and I I did my best to drive in such a way she wouldn’t know where we were …you know, stop where there isn’t a stop sign, and do random u-turns…good stuff. But somehow, she figured it all out. Literally, as we are driving, and think we have her sooo good, she goes, “We’re on Miller…oh now you’re turning into the high school parking lot to try to throw me off because I was right!” Yep. Dead on, Shelby. The one time I wish she wasn’t good at directions;) So after an hour of that we finally made it to our destination- Mike’s house, and yes-she was surprised! There we enjoyed some Cake while the Mike, Goldyn, Caleb, Jaymie, Brie, Corbin and I all sat around telling funny stories of our dear Shel-bel. It was a memory in and of itself. Caleb brought his guitar and played an improv song for Shelby which was hilarious! We all found that enjoyable. After the wonderful time at the Carlson’s, Shelby and I went to Fujiyama to meet my parents for her birthday dinner…SUPER yummy food! We all had a great time there, and that’s when I gave her my present: a “15 things I love about you” mini scrapbook. We made it home by 8 or so, and we were beat! It was such a wonderful time, I can’t believe my sister is 15 years old with her permit! Thinking about it now, I only get to spend one more birthday home with her-better make that a good oneJ All of this to say I am so blessed by all the wonderful friends we have who helped out for this special girl. Shelby, we love you so much, and that’s an understatement. I am so blessed by…well…15 things that I mentioned in my scrapbook.:) I love these things about you…
1-One of a kind
2-All your random facts
3-You make me “LOL”
4-Your tom-boy side
5-Too cute for words
6-So stinkin cute!
7-Oh so adorable
8-You curious little one
9-You’re joy
10-You’re so much fun
11-Such a diva
12-All the giggles
13-You are so beautiful
14-You are so precious
15-Your love for Jesus

Some of these may not make sense unless you see the book, but those are my top pics- each with a special story.:)
Some pics from the day...

Shelby with sweet Haley

Blindfolded and on our way to Mike's!



Mike and his lil' sis, Goldyn. She's a cutie and loved the day, too!


The girls:)

At the restaurant!

Yes, she has her permit!

Shelby Crystal,
Happy 15, I love you so very much. Thanks for blessing me everyday with your company in the kitchen, bathroom, car, school, allergy place, car again, and wherever else we may be off to. Girl, you have such a kind heart that I am jealous to learn from. I have one more year with you…let’s make it worth something. Keep loving Jesus and trusting in Him. Love you sweet sister of mine,
 Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment