Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So Thankful

Thankful for...

My best friend

Thankful for a best friend who encourages me in all circumstances.

Thankful for a best friend who makes me laugh at any given time of any given day.

Thankful for a best friend who displays courage when times are tough.

Thankful for a best friend who bluntly and lovingly states when I am being foolish.

Thankful for a best friend who plunks out lovely songs on the piano. (emphasis on “plunks”;) 

Thankful for a best friend who relies, trusts in, and loves Christ as her Savior.

Thankful for my best friend, Jaymie Noelle Poage.




My sister

Thankful for a sister who is especially outgoing.

Thankful for a sister who is inspiring in her passions.

Thankful for a sister who enjoys coffee dates and quality time.

Thankful for a sister who encourages those who are down.

Thankful for a sister who always initiates good conversation.

Thankful for a sister who sings, sings, sings!;)

Thankful for a sister who is selfless and serves me frequently.

Thankful for a sister who is in love with Jesus.

Thankful for my sister, Shelby Crystal.




My brother

Thankful for a brother who surprises me often with gifts.

Thankful for a brother who cooks amazing food!

Thankful for a brother who is always in for having a good time.

Thankful for a brother who cares so dearly for his 3 year old sister.

Thankful for a brother who regularly has theological discussions with me;)

Thankful for a brother who is passionate about the Word, and is always striving to understand it more and more.

Thankful for my brother, Corbin Schmidt.




My Savior

Thankful for a savior, one desperately needed.

Thankful for a savior who rescues me from sin and death and has brought me into eternal life by the price He paid on the cross.

Thankful for a savior who gifts me countless things including a new identity and a new reason to live…a better identity and a better reason than I could have ever come up with myself.

Thankful for a savior who is my hope, my rock, my truth, my anchor…so that when there’s a storm, in Him I can find peace (and only in Him).

Thankful for my savior, Jesus Christ.

   
    I am filled with thanks, and my heart overflows with joy because of all of these truths. I have been beyond blessed with people God has placed in my life, and these are only to name a few! Above all, Jesus has continued to be faithful and good. I had the awesome privilege to be one out of many to witness our precious friend, Abbi Milner, get baptized this last Sunday! She totally rocked it- speaking the truth and how God has been so good in her life. I encourage you to watch it here!:)

Praising God for His unending love, and all satisfying hope we have in Jesus Christ, our savior. Glory be to God!



“We also pray that you will be strengthened with all His glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to His people, who live in the light. For He has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of His dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave us our sins.”
~Colossians 1:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment